Monday, April 6, 2009

Ubud and the Gili Islands

It's been a while since I have written so I will try and capture some highlights.

Ubud has been my home base for while and it's nice to go away and come back to what I call home for now. I have met so many wonderful people along the way and the latest was a couple from the Netherlands, Colete and Robert. They were staying at the same home stay and we all ended up going to the Gili Islands together. We were headed to Candi Dasa in Bali but when I got their the vibe wasn't happening. As with traveling the beauty is, you can change your destination at any moment. So.....we jumped on a ferry the next day and headed to the beautiful islands. WOW!!!!! It was amazing to be on the islands and walk around the whole island in an hour and a half. I spend 3 nights on Gili Air and two nights on Gili Meno and decided not to go to the big party island. Gili Air was amazing and so chilled out with a FEW good restaurants, beautiful beaches, happy Lombok peeps and cute little bungalows to make your life complete. Along the way we picked up Joe from the ferry and he joined our circle of "hanging out" in the Gili Air...:) He had just finished filming a movie in Jakarta and had an interesting life to share. We all went snorkeling on my last day in Gili Air before heading to the island of solitude (Gili Meno). The snorkeling was brilliant and I saw my first sea turtle, WOW!!!!!!!! Sea turtles are beautiful creatures and the fish were so amazing with so many colors. So, I said my goodbyes to Colete, Robert and Joe and headed to the land of isolation...i was dropped off on the island and at first their was nothing....hmmmmmm and then as I hiked in a circle a few people were seen and bungalows were found. The beaches were even more beautiful but if you dont like solitude or if your single and you don't want to be around lovers on their honey moon then you may want a different place....:) All in all it was good to just have Jenna time.

Robert and Colete are on quite the journey and so they may be my first visitors in Taiwan, crossing my fingers....:) So, took the boat back to Ubud today and have plans to relax and hang with the Balanise family.

I finally bought the plane ticket to Taiwan and will be heading out from Bangkok on April 14th.......here we goooooooooooooooo...:) First I will shop till I drop in Bangkok so I have clothing in Taiwan.

Miss all of you very much and always thinking how thankful I am for such beautiful friends and family.

love
Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment