Thursday, April 9, 2009

On my way!

Thought I would write one last blog before leaving the land of Bali Bliss! I have to say I have had a huge connection with Bali and I feel like I could still travel for another month here and still not see everything. Such a small place with a huge energy of happiness within the people.

I have a feeling I will even feel some tears as I leave Gandra's Home Stay and the family. I have stayed a total of 20 days with them and everytime I come back from a small journey to the ocean they welcomed me with comfort, flowers, incense, tea, fruit and most of all, beautiful smiles. I will also miss the other travelers that have planted their nest at Gandras especially sweet Max from Canada. Max has a heart of gold, can make some yummy Arak cocktails and can dance anyone under the table at the age of 70! I can only hope I'm dancing and smiling like her in my seventies....:) I have gone to two regae shows with her and 2 Balinese typical music concerts and the woman is an animal...:) She is just the cutest and I def. feel a connection with her. I have realized that I have become friends with a lot of older peeps on this trip. Not sure what it signifies but I think that in our society (USA) we forget that some of the most amazing people to just hang with are the older ones. If we can reach a balance with being a young child and being an older person then I think we can connect with life in a more spontaneous attitude and live life to the fullest..............Meaning, not worry or stress out about the stuff that really doesn't matter............................once again, "SIMPLICITY"!!!!

Anyway, sad to leave Bali but really ready to start my life in Taiwan and feel grounded a bit. I really miss all you people more than you know (friends and family) and can only hope to meet some friends in Taiwan that are as gold as all of you.

One more added highlight. I took a silver smith class yesterday and it was not only fun but interesting to go thru the process and see how much work is involved. I finally made a ring that I designed a long time ago....:)

Sending you all love from Bali and connecting soon in the crazy land of Bangkok one last time before heading to Taiwan.

xo
Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment