Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Happy New Year from Bali

Just got back from a beautiful island outside of Bali called Nusa Lombongan. The water was a turqoise clear blue and a very peaceful and quiet place to enjoy some relaxation. I traveled with mi amiga Janice and her friend Rachel and the famous Andrew yoga man...:) We had a lot of fun and shared a very nice and large room between the 4 of us. We got lucky with a huge deck that overlooked the ocean and a chance to practice some yoga together. One day Andrew, Janice and I practiced for quite a while and came up with a new style. However, the secret must be kept a secret and stay tuned for a video in the future...........:)

Nusa Lombongan is a very quiet place so there is not much going on and you can see the whole island on a scooter in about an hour or two depending on stops along the way. So, I finally had an experience of riding a scooter and I must say, I'm a scooter pro!!!!! :) Getting prepared to enter the life of Taiwan and traveling via scoot scoot....:) The trip around the island was beautiful and we finally found the perfect spot with crashing waves against rocky cliffs. Very powerful!

We came back to Ubud yesterday and I had plans to leave on Saturday for Gili Meno (Gili islands near Lombok) but the ATM ate my debit card (my world to money etc...) and yes I did say ATE my debit card. Can you imagine the look on my face, HA!!! and it spit out a piece of paper that said, "hot / captured"...........hmmmmmmmm I have never thought of myself as hot and captured (well maybe)...:) and so the process of freaking out started to arise in my soul. Breath Jenna Breath....:) Anyway, after running around Ubud for 3 hrs trying to figure it all out and feeling as if I was going to pass out from the heat it all come to a successful end. I won't be leaving Ubud until next week....:( but it's not a bad place to be so I will wait for my new card. Meanwhile I'm begging for food on the streets ...just kidding Dad!!!! I'm fine! I have dear friends to help me out until the dinero comes.

Today is the Bali New Years so once again I'm enjoying culture at it's finest and taking a lot of pictures. I know I know...post the pictures. Tomorrow will be a day of silence which will be nice. I plan to meditate, do yoga, read and just sip on a Balinese beer or two. Life is good!

Sending you all a Happy New Year from Bali and lot's of incense....:)

love,
Jenna

2 comments:

  1. your travels and your life sound awesome!! I'm so excited about your new life in Taiwan. You should definitely get in touch with my friend, Corbett, as he lived there for about 20 years and knows everyone. He also has a really cool bar in Shanghai (I;m sure you'll get to China in your travels). Love your beautiful face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jenna, that was me, not eddie. but he loves you too. and rio and ophy too

    ReplyDelete