Saturday, April 11, 2009

Shop till you drop in Bangkok!

Today was a American day but in a Thai kind of way...:) I headed out on little Jenna field day trip to huge shopping malls in Bangkok. I decided to live on the wild side and figure out the bus system in the city. For those of you who really know me well, let's just say, a true Jenna adventure and with getting lost comes laughter in a abundance. One person says go that way and so you start walking and ask the next person just to make sure and they so go "THAT" way............opposite direction. OR...take bus 73 to 72 and another person says take 16...hmmmmmmm All in all one person got on the bus with me and told me when to get off and where to connect. And so my journey carried me to the grand malls of Bangkok and WOW...they don't mess around (shopping meca). I was expecting cheap cheap cheap and that wasn't the case but it was fun anyway and managed to hit some sales and have a cute and hip gay Thai man dress me.....:) They are all about cute t-shirts and jeans. I think I will have to venture elsewhere the next few days to find more. One reason I'm shopping is because I basically have nothing and need clothing for Taiwan. It's kind of fun to choose a new style (like being in the CIA) but add the Jenna zing.

I have to admit one thing on this day of shopping. I gave in to McDonald french fries, a starbucks late (yum) and the movies. The movie theatre was so amazinly nice, recliner seats and the ads / Thai commercials were fantastic!!!!! I saw "The Knowing" and it seemed to be a pretty good flick but considering I haven't seen a movie in a really long time any movie could be good.

Anway, my feet hurt and I have to go back out there....:) Ironically on this adventure I seem to be hitting all the New Years. Bali had their New Years when I was there and now Thailand is having theirs and I guess it's celebrated with a lot water......meaning I will be drenched with a lot of water at some point tomorrow. Should be fun, I think????

Protesting is going on with little red people all around but I'm staying away from those areas except for seeng it from the TukTuk's.

Anyway, a few more days here and then I will be traveling thru Taiwan before teaching.

Happy New Year from Thailand!!!!

Pictures coming soon, I promise!!

love
Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment