Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Typical Jenna Day in Asia School World

Jenna's typical school day. A lot of people want to imagine what happens in the Jenna world of going to school in Thailand. Ok, here you go. Jenna has a cozy little place near the campus so, it's not in the old cute part of Chiang Mai but the hip world of college students...:) There is a busy road named Sutaupe and it is full of people, stores, street vendors, dogs, students everywhere, taxi trucks and a million motorbikes. If I lived here I would invest in either a bike or a scooter myself and pray that I don't end my life on a scooter. Like I said most people transport their WHOLE family including dogs on the scooters...it's simply amazing and entertaining.

Usually around 1:00am without a doubt actually the neighbor hood dogs will start a howling contest. I usually give it a couple minutes and then they stop. I usually sleep fairly well because I'm so exhausted from school, homework, planning lessons etc...However at exactly 4:30am my 1st wake up call is echoed ...........THE ROOSTER! Same rooster I assume and then that wake up call is followed by amazing bird calls that are new to me....:) My room has a beautiful view of the mountain so getting up on going out on my deck early in the morning is a moment of bliss. A good way to start the day. If I'm feeling really motivated I will go for a run around campus. I usually stop at a little vendor coffee stand and either get a yummy creamy green tea or coffee. The green tea late's here are soooooo good and they cost less than a dollar.......goodbye starbucks ...hello Thailand and greentea!!!!!! And then a 20min walk to school...:)

The past two days I have had lessons ....the REAL thing. The observers gave me 2 perfect ones both days....:) they say I'm a natural..:)????? Actually today was really good. I didn't feel like a robot, I felt good and natural with the kids. I had elementary kids and they loved the lesson. I actually taught them words, yeah!!!!! It's a new feeling and good feeling to know you are actually getting thru to the little ones. They were soooooooooooooooo adorable and they wanted to carry my stuff for me when class ended. I think that it has lead me in the direction of teaching elementary kids.

AFer a long day at school I look forward to walking home and talking to my favorite fruit stand man. He teaches me words in Thai and then I forget the next day and he teaches me again....:) We smile a lot at eachother and that is pretty much our relationship....simple and short...HA

Oh gosh, gotta go...more later.

love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment