Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pingtung

I have finally (I think) reached my destination to teach in Pintung. I'm still a little dazed and confused if this is the right area but I'm always dazed and confused so maybe I just go with the flow. Once again, I think anywhere in Taiwan (Korea, Hong Kong, etc...) is going to be a challenge at first but I have to remember why I'm here...:). So far I have seen only one other foreigner and he has been here for so long he didn't really care if I was a foreigner or not....HA!! I have started shadowing classes and I'm amazed how well the kids know English and they are very excitted to learn (that is a plus).

I haven't signed any contracts yet because I still feel there is some negotiating to do on both ends and I'm a little hesitant to stay here as well. However, negotiating is starting to get better and I think it will work out in the end. I do think about Thailand a lot and wonder if I should have stayed there but the money just isn't there. I will be flying back to Thailand on the 13th to figure out my visa and staying for 7 days to hang out with some friends and already (yes already) take advantage of a mini vacation. Right now I'm staying in a nice flat for free and I also got lucky with a bike to ride around Pingtung and check things out. It's so funny to watch people stare at me or even be shocked that there is an actual white person in town...:) Now I know what it feel like to be a star or rock star and for all they know, I am a rock star damn it!!!! :)

So, leave it me to find a Hip Hop class in the middle of Taiwan...YEP!!! I did a Taiwanese style hip hop class all in the language of chinese...it was so much fun and funny!!! I couldn't understand a word he was saying but thank god I have some funk within my moves and could just watch and get it...I think he was impressed....:)Afterwards there was a gay Taiwanese man teaching high low aerobics and NO, I didn't take this one but it was one of those true Asian culture moments...........I wish I would have had a video camera. So freakin funny!!!!! Anyway, the gym is really nice and I was impressed with the weight / exercise machines, spin class area (I may try to teach) and the yoga room SO...if I and when I loose my sanity here I will be there A LOT!!!!!!

That is all for now...oh yeah...I went grocery shopping (real shopping) for my first time in 4months and I cooked a real dinner........I can't even express to you all the way it felt, fucking great! Excuse the language but I'm so ready to eat my way and a healthier way. So if anyone feels like coming over for dinner, I will cook...hehehehe.

Love from Pingtung!

No comments:

Post a Comment