Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Jenna Summary....:)

Can I trigger all my adventures and experiences within the past month. I will try. So, some of you know I just recently went back to Thailand (BKK, Kanchuburi and Chaing Mai) to extend my Taiwan visa and spend some time with some friends along the way. Well, I have landed back in Taiwan as of yesterday and will be headed back to Thailand, Chaing Mai on Sunday to stay for a while (maybe 2 months). For now Chaing Mai feels good; blue sky's, delicious and healthy food, mountains, riding a push bike, being among friends and just feeling at ease. It feels good. I will be living with my lovely friend Elinza (with an 'I') and Kom who is Thai/German. They live in an amazingly huge house with character and I will be paying rent for a couple months. It will feel good to finally land my wings for a bit and take a rest. I'm hoping to find temporary work along the way and at least make enough money to live off of (food and rent). I'm hoping (Gusio???) to still have an interview in Sorth Korea in July and open the door to a possible job that starts in September but we will see....:) Sounds as if Nouth Korea is not such a friendly place at the moment in the news (not that it has ever been a friendly place). Anyway, what is up with people in this world anyway...how can there be such people (making nucleur bombs) on this planet...Makes me sick! Sorry, got a bit off subject.

So......Back to Thailand on Sunday to hang with my friend Manis for a couple days in the big city (BKK) and then taking the overnight train (this time I will make it) to Chaing Mai to feel a bit grounded for a while. I did find a great little yoga studio around the corner and going to hopefully trade English lessons for yoga classes. Looking forward to getting back with my love of yoga. I'm also hoping to find some camps and other options of teaching just to get some experience and give it a go.

I have to admit my last few weeks in Taiwan were pleasant. I decided to just relax, enjoy the culture and travel around a bit. I was so consumed with finding a job and adjusting to the culture shock here that I wasn't even enjoying what was in front of me (not at all like me and disappointing at times). I actually like Taipei, it's a very nice Taiwan city and it has a lot to offer if you travel around to the different areas. It is expensive though, nothing like Thailand where everything is affordable. I also enjoyed watching all the break dancers in the MRT stations along the way, they are great and so talented. A famous food in Taiwan is "stinky tofu" and believe me when they say STINKY, you can smell it from far far far away. Today was the day to try the tofu and so me and couple friends ventured out. The smell IS overwhelming but it's actually quite nice if you can get past the st inkiness....:) Today was the Dragon Boat races on the river so we attended a huge festival. They have several teams that race and all the boats are in shapes of dragons. Tonight I will be going to a dumpling eating contest.....hmmm, I don't think I will partake :).

Last weekend was my 38 (yikes, what happened, 38!!!) in Chaing Mai and a few friends sneaked around while planning a surprise Birthday Bash for me. It meant so much to me since I have been in a state of confusion and missing all of you....:) Everyone made tons of food, a huge Birthday sign with balloons, corn burnt over a fire in a flower pot...:), music was played throughout the night with talent guitarist along the way and a delicious chocolate desert that Elinza made...............YUM!

And so there you go in a nutshell. I know there is so much more to tell but hopefully I will have a few more stories once I reach my destination of Thailand for a while.

Sending all of you an abundance of happiness with the acceptance of change and the unknown!!

love,
Jenna

2 comments:

  1. Jenna, you better figure out which Korea you are going to before you get on the plane! South Korea is where you want to be! Wishing you all the best...Lots O Love, the Colorado Krasnows

    ReplyDelete
  2. not the south but live in the north....? hehehehehehehehe Just kidding!

    ReplyDelete