Sunday, June 7, 2009

Rainy Season in Thailand

Sawdee Kai!

And so, I was welcomed with many Elinza colorful signs...............WELCOME HOME JENNA , JENNA'S ROOM, MAYBE THIS IS JENNA'S ROOM (we have a few rooms)...etc...and so my mind is at ease for a bit. I do feel very at home in Chaing Mai (not like CO of course) and once again the area that I live in is great. I can ride my push bike to almost anywhere and near by are amazing food markets, cute cafes, restaurants, a great little yoga studio etc.....Unfortunately my body decided to break down and be sick the past few days but I think I just needed a good cleanse to look at in a positive view. It's rainy season now but the weather feels good, not so hot and the air feels fresh! Since I'm living on so much baht per day due to the flow of money....:) the woman who owns a small little vegetarian cafe and yoga studio is letting me practice for free on my own (practice yoga that is). It has been a while since my yoga spirit has been alive but I'm starting to flow back in to it and it feels good. Yoga always opens more doors for me in my life and motivates me to manifest what I truly need and want. And so, with a little yoga medicine I'm hoping I can make Chaing Mai, Thailand be my balance for a while....:)

I never imagined I would be back in Thailand again and to be honest this place has grown on me....it wasn't an instant love but I like that kind of love (not instant). There is something to be said about things in life that grow on you in time and with patience....:) This time I took the overnight train from Bangkok to Chaing Mai and what a trip that was.............geeze O peas...:) A grand total of 18hrs...I mean I could have flown back to the states if only flying back to the states would have only cost the same (591 bht)....which is $19.00 dollars. The train was supposed to leave at 10:00pm and arrive the next day at 12:45pm but it didn't arrive until 4:30pm....so calculated, that is 4 hrs late..............by 2:00pm I was ready to jump off the train and then I thought maybe I'm on the wrong train....HA!!! I wouldn't put it past me...I had these visions that I was taking a train all the way to India and as I got off the train I would just laugh and say, "so be it...." India it is...let's do some serious yoga practicing and get into some REAL culture shock!!!!!!! BUT, that story was a dream and I finally reached my destination of Chaing Mai.

Yesterday Elinza and I went to a fabulous art fair...tons of stuff going on (music, art work, photography, workshops, cool things to buy, yummy food etc...). Elinza is quite the motivated artist so we took a shadow puppet workshop and put Elinza's imagination to work. Our puppet ended up being an "Elephant Fish"....a huge colorful fish with an elephant trunk...:). We then proceeded to go furniture shopping for the house (Elinza went furniture shopping for the house, I just assisted) and we def. attempted yet another Thai scooter challenge. How many furniture items plus two people can you fit on a scooter.....HA!!!!! and as always the Elinza and Jenna show laughed all the way home with one small coffee table, one large rug and two medium sized shelving units. We are moving up the ladder when it comes to the famous scooter!

Hopefully I will continue to post more updates and get back into the groove. All I can say for now is you may be seeing me very soooooooooooooooooooooooon....:) OR you may not be seeing for a while.......;)

Love and Fresh Rain from the land of Thailand!
Jenna

1 comment: