Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Pai epidemic and fun getting lost!

WOW!!!!! So, I have been insanely sick for the past couple days but the first 8 hrs were a complete cleanse....:)Need I say more. It hit me like a night train ...:) hmmmm does that make sense..sure! Eleze and I started the day off with some yoga and then an adventurous scooter ride out in the country to find THE waterfall. We took the wrong turn (which is great!!!!)and stumbled upon a Chinese village out in the middle of no where....it was great!!! My favorite part of traveling, getting lost and diving in the culture with a little village in the middle of no where. The village people (and not YMCA style) loved us...we laughed ...they laughed....we laughed some more....they laughed some more etc....what more could you ask for. We finally found what we thought was the road but it was a big dirt incline..................hmmmmm NO WAY would Elenza be scooting me up that on a scooter.................................:) A dirt bike, yes! So off the scooter and up the trail we go as Elenza hikes in her black heals...hmmmm As we get to the top there are other tourists that seem to be confused or perhaps lost, yes LOST!!!! So, we all go back down the hill and some scooter warriors have made it to the top and slide their way down as we cheer them on. We finally find the correct road to the famous waterfall and so excited to see the scenic view.................:) Well, let me say, the ride getting lost was much more enjoyable then the almost empty waterfall hahahahahha!

So then went to dinner at a friends house and all of a sudden I started feeling a bit "green" and that is when darkness took over my body..........I had several conversations with the bathroom for the next several hours and felt like a bug in a spiders web that had been sucked dry. Elenza finally made her way over the next morning and got hit with the same thing but a little bit latter the crazy girl still took the bus back to Chiang Mai. I'm starting to find out that several backpackers have been hit with the same bug in just the past few days and so that is why it's the Pai epedemic.....:)Glad it's over and leaving Pai tomorrow to head back to Chiang Mai. I "think" my plans have changed to going to Bali and finding a Medicine Man and healer in Ubud......we will see....:)

Here is a little insight on traveling alone in the backpacking world and I know some of you already know of this. So, I'm a pretty social person and can chat to almost anyone (can be scarey at times) but I find myself going thru phases while backpacking alone and I would suggest trying the whole alone thing, HA!. David (friend from Australia)and I call it the Lone Wolf "Boooarrrrr" or David calls it.........It's where, for some reason you can't seem to be social or you go a few days without talking to anyone......you start to feel a little like a "looser"...:) but the longer you go the more intense you get and then POW you find a human that wants to be your friend again..........phew!!!!! Sometimes the Lone Wolf can last for one day, two days or a brutal 4 days.............Yes, this is me the past few days...well, all of 2 days...;) However tonight I meet the sweetest little girl named Neim (not sure if that is correct) and i would say she was 4. We were very gravitated towards eachother and she saved me in the Lone Wolf world. We made up card games together, danced and sang even though neither one of us knew what we were saying and then decided to play blocks. She was adorable and had 6 pony tails in her long black hair. Anyway, she made my night and relieved my Lone Wolf sickness....: Thankful for Neim!

xoxoxoxox to you All!

No comments:

Post a Comment