Friday, March 20, 2009

Bali Update

I have been neglecting my poor blog....:(...Bali has been great and I have found myself in the zone of Ubud ever since I have arrived. It's a great little town. Busy but not in a frustrating way and if you rent a bike (push bike) you can avoid the Balinese typical "do you want a ride?" "What is your name?" Where are you from, are you traveling alone........YES, I'm alone...Yes, I'm single. Bali has reminded me many times a day that yes in deed I am a single woman traveling alone.....:) I'm ok with this.....:) I can't wait till the day I find a gooooooooooooooooooooood traveling companion though....:) come on Universe! OK.

The celebration that I spoke of in my earlier e-mail (Good energy vs Bad energy) was great. It was fun to walk around and see all the ceremonies happening, woman with all kinds of beautiful things balanced on their heads, beautiful clothing, an abundance of yummy fruit everywhere, music, children dressed up like "Barans" (dragons, lions, maybe both creatures mixed???) and people playing instruments in the streets. I also went to the Monkey Forest where all the monkeys hang out...They are everywhere! I have never been so close to so many of them and just the way they move, look, eat, etc...is so human like. There were many new babies and so adorable as they tried to learn the monkey way.

My House Stay (where my abode is) so kindly gave me a sarang wrapped it around me and dressed me properly to enter some temples. I have some great pictures of all of this so hopefully I will find time to post them soon.

I love my House Stay. They are a great family and I feel very at home. I have made friends with a man named William from Australia, a woman named Max wholives here 6 months out of the year and Sally who is actually from Colorado and knows a couple people I know........are you ready Colorado friends....Ruben and Sue of course........SMALL WORLD!!!!! Tonight we are all going to see a musician that Max knows of and enjoy some Balinese culture at it's finest. Believe it or not, I have only had one Balinese beer and one typical Balinese drink since I have been here so tonight I may cut loose....:)Whoohoo!

Tomorrow I head for an island called Nusa Lombongan for a few days and then return to Ubud on the 24th to celebrate the Balinese New Year for a couple days. On the 2nd day they celebrate with a day of silence. So, no cars, no planes, nothing is open and you must stay in your compound. A day of silence and meditation. Wild eh? but goooooooooooooooooooood! On the 28th I will be headed to Lombok and the Gili Islands and traveling solo once again....:)

Sending you all love from Bali!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment