Monday, June 29, 2009

OH Thailand!

I keep thinking of a few stories I haven't told yet and may be worth telling.

So, I decided to head to the beach for a few days and visit a friend in BK before life transitions again. First, I must tell the story of Dirty Deider and the Winery in Chiang Mai. Yes, wine in Thailand. Wine is hard to find in this country and if you do find it, it's expensive and not so good. However, my roomie Kom has a friend named Deider who is German and owns a winery outside of Chiang Mai and one day we all decided to take the drive and try some good Chiang Mai wine. Now, as I have discussed previously in some of my blogs, there are quite a few of older men that have very young Thai girlfriends and at times I have a hard time even looking at them but..........everyone is different, eh? So, Deider is probably in his 70's and has a couple VERY young girlfriends and yes, he is "Dirty Deider". Actually, a very nice man and of course a love for grapes and making wine. We went to the winery mid day and let me tell you, after sitting in the cold cold wine tasting room drinking way too many glasses of wine and then going out in the Thai heat of day light is quite the experience. When I opened the door from the tasting room to enter the outside world I suddenly felt like a true vampire....."NO, not the light"...LOL!!! and not too mention at exactly 3:00 in the afternoon all of us had a wine buuzzzzzzzz. Following the wine Dirty Deider decided to bring out homemade cheese...WOW...I haven't had a good piece of cheese in 6 months and not too speak of a nice glass of wine. I was loving life with the homemade cheese and beautiful wine. The simple and yummy things in life. So, if you are ever in Chiang Mai and want to be in the company of Mr. Dirty Deider who is a funny man and sip on some beautiful wine while cheesing it up, let me know and I will send you in the right direction.

Hmmmm, I thought I had another story but it has drifted from my memory. So, off to the beach.

I will say BK grows on me every time and I really love my Guesthouse that I stay out. It's like a home away from home. There is one staff member, Oh who I love...she is so cute and always greets me with a big hug, I love it. I have been here so much they give me the same two rooms everytime, either 105 or 103. I stay here for 250 baht (7.00). Accross the street is my favorite little breakfast stand with good coffee and the best egg, cheese and tomato sandwich (with wheat bread..:)), 45 baht...a little over a $1.00 for coffee and a sandwich, wow! The owner of this little coffee stand is adorable too and she always yells to me after I leave, "i love you"...so funny! My friend Manis Man lives around the corner in his flat so it's always nice to also come to a place near a friend. We have been spending a few nights sitting on his porch enjoying the Thai weather. I'm also one of his best fans in the BK area when he plays his music, it's nice to hear guitar and singing (reminds me of the mountains and friends). So, I went to an island called Koh Somet, I was so lucky with weather and spent 4 days enjoying the sound of the waves and just having lone wolf Jenna time. As always stayed in a rustic little bungalow (300 baht) and enjoyed the fire dancers at night. I finally got a tan again, it's been a while. So, back in BK fro a few days and then heading back.

Wherever you all are, sending you lot's of love!

Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment